Posted to rec.food.cooking
Kate Connally Kate Connally is offline

Default (2008-06-04) 'Messy cooks'

Pennyaline wrote:
> ChattyCathy wrote:
>
>> http://www.recfoodcooking.com/
>>
>> I was laboring under the impression that the majority of 'messy cooks'
>> were men. Obviously, I was wrong.
>>
>> Just for fun, let's see how wrong I was...

> Oh, come now! I know that somewhere out there *somebody* leaves it in
> the sink!

I think we might have to *define* messy. What's
messy to me may not be messy to someone else and
vice versa.

I clean up as I go, that is I wipe up any spills and
put used utensils and containers, rinsed, in the sink.
I may not do the dishes till the next day but aside from
rinsed dirty dishes stacked neatly beside the sink or
in the dish pan, the counters are clean and all the
ingredients are put away in fridge or cupboard. To me
that's not messy.

When I have a big dinner for guests I do wash up as I
go until I get to the point where I don't have any more
room in the dish drainer and don't have any more time for
washing dishes. That last half hour or so before dinner
has to be on the table things can get a little hectic.
But I still try to be as neat as possible. Also, I never
do the dishes until the next day. I don't want to spend
time doing dishes while I have company and I'm not about
to stay up after they leave to do it either, I'm way too
tired by then. I always rinse and stack all the dishes
neatly next to the sink and leave it at that. I spend the
whole next day doin leisurely batches of dishes throughout
the day. That's one of the nice things about living alone.
Also, I never have people to dinner on a Sunday when I have
to go to work the next day as I wouldn't be able to get the
dishes done until the next weekend! ;-)

Kate

--
Kate Connally