Old 04-06-2008, 04:36 AM posted to rec.food.preserving
Nick Cramer Nick Cramer is offline

Default soy protein

irma wrote:
Dus someboddy know the percentage of protein used in soy protein
concentrate, used for making sausages ?
Is this the same soy protein you can get in health stores, or is this
a different thing ?

Hi, Irma. According to Rytek Kuta's "Great Sausage Recipes and Meat
Curing", p. 158, Soy Protein Concentrate has 250% more protein than meat.
USDA regulations limit its use to 3.5% per 100 lbs of sausage. I've had the
book for almost 25 years and highly recommend it.

forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~