Posted to rec.food.cooking
Virginia Tadrzynski Virginia Tadrzynski is offline

Default Now for the Reverse Side of the Coin

Our Scoundrel Buddy, Dimitri, got us all thinking about our proudest moment.
Here's a flip......what is your most memorable faux pas? It can be what
ever you wish, something you did that no one picked up on but you are still
embarassed to admit or something that you did that EVERYONE picked up and
won't let you live down. Here's mine:

When I was a young married with only one kidlet, we lived in a mobile home
across the street from my in-laws house. Being economical, I made 'burgers'
using turkey meat and popped them under the broiler. All but one fit on the
pint-sized broiler that can be found in most mobiles, so when they were
done, we sat down to eat while the last one was in the broiler.......We
finished eating and hubby and FBS wanted to go across the street and sit on
the porch with the relatives. Off we went, forgetting about the burger.
We are there for a short time when we see smoke pouring out of the windows
(it was summer and all the windows were open). Rushing back across the
street, we found that the lone turkey burger was now a charred briquet of
unidentifiable etiology. Turning on the fans and opening doors to pull out
the smoke all was well with the world (no damage done, just to the turkey
burger) or so we thought. FBS gets on the phone with grandparents telling
them I burned down the front half of the mobile....they show up thinking
that we need help in fire restoration.....The next day, I get a phone call
from pre-school, seems FBS tells them that I burned down the whole mobile
and we are virtually homeless........That little monster told everyone he
could and the damage got worse with each telling......

Rat-bastid is now 24 and STILL talks about that damnable turkey burger,
sometimes it burned down half or all of Bensalem, or caused massive forest
fires in Southeastern Pennsylvania........it might actually have encroached
upon the whole Eastern Seaboard!!!

But revenge is good.....he has a four year old who for the life of him
'can't' or 'won't' shut up........His father doesn't understand what he did
to deserve this.....I smile and think 'just wait until YOU burn dinner,
smart ass'.....payback is....you know, a bitch.
-ginny