Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Nick Cramer Nick Cramer is offline

Default Ping: Wendy

"W. Baker" > wrote:
> Nick Cramer > wrote:
>
> : Thanks, Janet. I just ordered it used from Amazon.
>
> : From what I've found with Google, it seems that Pot Cheese is Cottage
> : Cheese with more of the whey drained out. Cheesecloth might work for
> : that. ;-/

> It is also a larger curd that most cottage cheese I see, being kind of
> dry and chunky.

According to foodreference.com "Cottage cheese is the fresh drained curds
of slightly soured, low fat pasteurized milk. When the curds are drained,
the cheese is called cottage cheese; allow the curds to drain longer and it
is called pot cheese. Press the remaining moisture out so it becomes drier
and crumbly, and it is called farmer's cheese."

> It should also come from a cheese and dairy and egg store, taken from a
> tub and wrapped in white paper:-)

Thanks, Wendy. ;-D

forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~