Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default OT aluminum foil/plastic wrap

Fred/Libby wrote on Fri, 23 May 2008 12:19:34 -0400:

> Do you know that aluminum foil and plastic wrap have little
> push-in tabs on the end of the box to keep the roll in the
> box? I don't know how long they've been there, but you would
> think they would have been on some of their endless
> commercials before now. I have called those rolls and their
> boxes ugly names for years.

> Who knew?

The tabs don't work. I push a screw threaded metal rod thro' the
box and fasten it with a wing nut. Cost me about a buck and I've
been using it for years.

I have another question: is the position of the tear strip
patented? Right next the roll on the box works for me but some
manufacturers put it on the lid or else on the bottom of the
box.
--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland