Dutch

Default Thanks, jonnie: a good rebuttal

"ipse dixit" > wrote
> On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 11:56:48 -0800, "Dutch" > wrote:

no

> >> And larger amounts of food can be obtained
> >> without causing any deaths at all, such as crops
> >> gown under glass, so stop lying and trying to
> >> push meat onto people as the least-harm diet
> >> when it clearly isn't, pusher.

> >Vegans are not just pushing a diet of greenhouse grown food, they push

any
> >and all sorts of vegetables, grains and fruit, regardless of how they're
> >grown,

> Straw man. Vegans do not promote veg regardless
> of how it's grown. You'll need to support that claim.

You're promoting disinformation now. Vegans promote the idea that
organically grown and local produce is the best, so do most omnivores.
Nonetheless they push the idea that vegetable based food is *categorically*
better than *any* meat wrt to animal death. Here's vegetarianism in a
nutshell from one of the leading vegetarian websites-
http://www.vrg.org/nutshell/nutshell.htm
They are pushing a vegetarian diet regardless of the source.

> >and do so using the most lurid and hateful rhetoric they can muster.

> You are trying but failing to divert attention away
> from the point

I'm not here to reinforce YOUR attempts at distraction. Vegan/ARA's use of
lurid rhetoric is indicative of their corrupt mindset.

in that you are pushing meat onto
> vegans as THE least-harm diet

Meat is not a diet, it's a class of food. A diet *containing* pastured meat
would easily trump a diet containing an equivalent amount of agribusiness
plant foods. Here, read the article
http://courses.ats.rochester.edu/nob...-LeastHarm.htm.

> while knowing
> a better vegetarian alternative is to eat crops
> grown under glass or foraging.

I have no objection to people eating hothouse veggies, I buy them myself,
but it's rather unrealistic to imply that all veggies, not to mention the
world's fruit and grains could be grown this way.

The point of the Davis article is that "pastured/ruminent model" offers an
alternative to the factory farmed vegetables that many people eat, and which
vegans *assume falsely* automatically cause less animal death than any meat
product.

You're a pusher
> peddling a lie to coerce ethical people into taking
> a product they don't want or think ethical.

Why would anyone buy something they don't want? I wouldn't.

> Do you understand what I'm getting at yet, pusher?

Yes, I read you like a cheap paperback, you're attempting to distract from
the Davis et al findings regarding the advantages of the pastured/ruminant
model by resorting to schoolyard name-calling, that's nothing new for you.