Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking
~ ~ is offline

Default What is "Pechugas al Estilo Sonora?"

On May 18, 8:56�am, Fred Lackey > wrote:

> What I had was tilapia. �The dish was called "Tilapia Ala
> Veracruzana". �The menu is a bit difficult to read because of how it
> was scanned, but the description says, "Fresh sauteed Tilapia
> smothered in hearty Veracruzana Sauce with sauteed Chili Pablano &
> Mushrooms."

Tilapia is an African cichlid, related to the perch, which has become
a food fish world wide because it reproduces rapidly.

To find something a little more Mexican "authentic" (for whatever
that's worth) a fish called
a "mojarra" should be used.

Mexican cooks also fry tilapia or mojarra to a crisp and serve either
fish as "mojarra".

You can use fresh poblano chiles, or dried ancho chiles in the sauce.