Creature

Default Vegan food in the Western Isles of Scotland?

On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 18:38:34 -0000, Fiona wrote:
> Has anyone visited the Western Isles (Scotland)? I'm wondering what the
> chances are of being able to get dairy-free spreads, etc there when I'm on
> holiday. And eating out also?

I'm not familiar with the Western Isles, but I've spent a little time in
the Outer Hebrides (the Isle of Lewis, actually). Basically, I wouldn't
hope for anything too presumptuous, and eating out can be hit-and-miss.
But I found the places I ate fairly accomodating. But I'd have a backup
plan, to be honest - I did have to explain myself a fair bit, and got a
few odd looks. The Isle of Lewis has a co-op store, so there at least you
can find sustanance.

--
Alex Pounds (Creature) .~. LGBTSoc Comms Person
CS2 Student /V\ Website working group chair