usual suspect

Default Newbe - 3 Questions?

Richard Miller wrote:

> http://www.living-foods.com/index.shtml
>
> Raw foods are better than cooked foods? (Address above)

Not always. A lot of the claims by raw food faddists are wildly
exaggerated, misleading, or simply false. Here are a couple links to
help you sort through pseudo-science and myths spread by pro-raw faddists:

http://www.beyondveg.com/billings-t/...alism-1a.shtml
http://www.beyondveg.com/billings-t/...myths-1a.shtml

> Rince can foods (fruits and vegies only) are OK?

Some canned foods are more nutritious than fresh. I personally prefer
the texture of fresh vegetables, but that's an aesthetic rather than
nutritional consideration. Nutritionally, there is very little
difference despite the propaganda of the raw faddists. Their chief
objection to canned foods is that the processing involves cooking them.

http://www.kdhnews.com/taste_22603.html
http://tinyurl.com/2q95u
http://www.cannedfood.org/whatsnew/m...settsstudy.htm
etc.

> I'm by myself, so how about a food saver, so I don't spend 3 hours a day in
> the kitchen?

Try eating at salad bars for your occasional raw meals. You can continue
to eat cooked foods and remain very healthy.