Capybyra

Default Age of Consent Laws

On Sun, 04 Jan 2004 00:43:16 -0700, Rat & Swan > wrote:

>Jonathan Ball wrote:
>> Rat & Swan wrote:

><snip>

>>> Yes. I read their journal regularly,

>> Yeah, *sure* you do. ****ing liar.

>Why should you doubt it?
>
>The NAMBLA Journal is an excellent miner's canary which provides
>useful information about the government's efforts to stifle
>free speech and dissent.
>
>Rat

Firstly the prejudicial term " propaganda " hardly bespeaks tolerance of
divergent views . Secondly , the conceptual ground pounding goose step of -

That which is not forbidden will destroy us ....

Arguably by such doctrine a koranic obsessive canon denoting all possible
thoughtcrimes will be where " law " ends up .

I suspect that our present government by coup'detat would so use the Decalogue .

By bible standards of some faiths children were freely married at what had to
have been prepubertal ages for those races .

There has been more erosion of basic civil freedom under this president than any
other in the history of America . And the scarey speed of deluded laws
increases faster than our ability to comprehend what the real evils are .
Dissent is the sincerest form of being a patriot . You may not agree but must
never forget that freedom to dissent is the hub of all freedom itself .

Think of another mundane area that such a zeal to protect caues more harm than
good . Internet Censorship . Due to well-meaning < or not needfully so > laws
medical support group information is no longer accessible by internet at many
public libraries and in scchools .

Imagine the traumas caused by children entering puberty totally unprepared .
Would you have us restore the Comstock act and ban even the concept that
contraception is possible ?
INFORMATION is not to EVER be considered supressible with no damages .

Now for another example - The concept that discussion equates to acts .
The resultant arguement could ban categorically" Gangsta Rap "and MTV .

Sure - * NO * even marginally sane person will defend any form of rape .
None.

But a legit exploration of social concepts that are not " comfortable " ? ?
RAPE is a power crime seldom about mere sex . So also is Legislative abuse .
In my proper person as a grandparent anyone approaching my grandchildren
sexually would be quite dead . And there is little to justify any other result .

I for one am willing to consider that unpopular though the views of ANY group
are , only deeds causing harm become a crime . And harm is simple to define .

Capybyra

" Censorship can make life so much easier - no need to worry about what to think
or read or believe as all such will be done for you by those who know themselves
things that you will not be allowed to "