Posted to rec.food.cooking
Nancy2 Nancy2 is offline

Default Microwave drawing too much power

On May 9, 3:01 pm, "J.Lef" > wrote:
> >I have a Panasonic microwave that keeps throwing a 20A breaker. The
> > data plate on the microwave says it should draw 12.7A max, and an amp
> > clamp confirms that it's pulling 21A

> > Fist make sure, that you are not using an extension cord with it.
> > Big potential for catching the wiring on fire.

> Also, try and make sure, you dont have a fridge plugged in on the
> same circuit.
> Microwaves, cycle on and off, and when it cycles is when you need a big
> surge of juice.
> Also, if on same circuit with fridge, the compressor cycling on and
> off, will definately affect the fridge.
> Are you using an extension or directly plugging in? What
> else is using the same circuit? Have you always used it in this location,
> or is this something new.?
> Would like to help, but need some more info?
>
> Much regards

I certainly wouldn't try to find someone to fix it. Most retailers
won't repair them. If you toss it, you have to recycle it so it gets
broken down correctly; you can't just toss it in a dumpster.

Get one of the inexpensive Sharps - they seem to do a good job.

N.