usual suspect

Default Age of Consent Laws

(degene)RAT(e) wrote:
>> How exactly do you propose deterring sexual predators from approaching
>> children?

> The way we prevent harm of any kind coming to children - by exercising
> caution and knowing about our children's activities. How do you
> propose we prevent children from falling into our neighbor's swimming
> pool? Should we require all owners of swimming pools in neighborhoods
> with small children to fill or cover the pools because some two year
> old *might* fall in and drown?

Municipalities (city or county) and indeed many states require fences
with locks around private and public swimming pools. So do insurance
companies. Try getting coverage for your home with a pool if you don't
have a fence around the pool.

> No -- we say adults should exercise
> proper care over their children.

No -- we have laws, building codes, and ordinances to deal with that
issue, degene-RAT.

> Responsible people (including
> children) should be able to enjoy pools in peace, without government
> interference.

Responsibility includes following laws and ordinances.

> Or shall we just wait and hope that somehow we find out after the
>> fact when harm has been done?

> Which is what laws do. Laws do not prevent crimes, or save potential
> victims. Laws punish *afterward* -- after the fact. They are
> institutionalized revenge.

Laws do have deterrent effects. Laws are not revenge or recompense, that
is the function of penalties. BTW, do you support so-called "hate
crimes" laws and anti-discrimination measures?

>>> Again, the punishment, if any, will vary
>>> according to the capability of those involved as well, which is why
>>> younger children, or the severely retarded, or the insane, etc., are
>>> often seen as worthy of lesser or no sentence under law than a normal
>>> adult who does the same action.

>> How do you measure psychological harm to a child?

> By observing -- and asking -- the child.

That isn't a measure of psychological harm. Children who are harmed
through sexual and physical abuse often don't show the worst effects of
such harm until later in their teens or even adulthood.

> (degene)Rat(e)

Your previous kind words about NAMBLA came as a minor surprise to me.
Now I see how deranged you really are.