Chuck G.

Default My neighbors don't know how to take care of dogs

"Rubystars" > wrote in message

> I don't understand why people do this. If they don't want a dog why not

just
> take it to a shelter? Even being put down would be kinder than getting
> tossed out on the street.
>
> The ironic thing was that the people across the street who let little
> Elizabeth die claimed that she was their "baby." It's pretty sad when you
> consider they do have kids, I just hope they treat their human babies
> better.
>
> -Rubystars

I had neighbors who got a cat and let it run the neighborhood. I'd always
find it in my yard or sitting in my window sills. I left a clipping about
leash laws for cats from our city newsletter in their mailbox hoping that
they would get the friendly hint. They didn't. I finally called animal
control and they picked up the cat.

Later that day the woman comes to my door with 2 of her kids in tow asking
if I was the one who called animal control. I told her "yes" and explained
why, but she couldn't understand. I asked her:

1) Why don't you keep the cat inside? She said they couldn't because her
husband was alergic to cats.

2) Why don't you keep the cat in the garage? She said they couldn't
because it got too hot in there.

3) Why don't you keep the cat on a leash? She said "you can't put a cat on
a leash".

4) Why do you even have a cat? She said it's for the kids.

Now that's a person who shouldn't have children, let alone a cat.
Understandable for their age, but it's ironic that her kids saw me as the
bad person instead of their mother as the idiot.

- Chuck