Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Brick[_3_] Brick[_3_] is offline

Default Report: Hogfest this weekend (3 May) in Edenton, North Carolina (long)

On 4-May-2008, Dana > wrote:

> My pal Don moved to North Carolina several years ago, and called me up
> last year when his local town organized a BBQ competition. Neither
> one of us had ever competed or even really thought about it, and it
> was a great excuse to visit and support an even for a good cause.

<snip an interesting narrative>

I was nearly falling asleep when they called us
> for 1st-place ribs! That woke me right up; our brisket finished out
> of the money, but we got a third walk on total points, making us the
> Grand Champions of Edenton's 2008 Hogfest. Sure, it was just a dozen
> teams, but it was great for a pair of boys from California and
> Massachusetts to even play with the locals in North Carolina. We had
> a heck of a time, and I really like the locals here, now that I've
> cooked with many of them a couple of times. It was great to take the
> top trophy on ribs, which are really the *one* to get.
>
> I learned a lot, and will be tuning that brisket for 2009.
>
> Dana

I enjoyed that narrative Dana. Nice to hear from you again. I'm enjoying
your win vicariously thanks to your excellent story telling. Wish I could
have been there.

--
Brick(Youth is wasted on young people)