Posted to rec.food.equipment
Dee Dee Dee Dee is offline

Default Stainless steel

On Apr 27, 7:35*pm, Wayne Boatwright >
wrote:
> On Sun 27 Apr 2008 12:27:55p, S Viemeister told us...
>

> > Del Cecchi wrote:
> .. .

> >> All those sets that you list as good at reasonable prices are all made
> >> in China. *To my knowledge, which I am sure is incomplete, only lodge
> >> and all clad still manufacture in the USA. *And I have seen a couple of
> >> all-clad boxes that say made in (some non us country, I forget which
> >> one) so check, if that is important to you.

> > The Costco tri-ply stainless I have, says 'made in Italy'.

> I've been eyeing this Kirkland set at Costco and think it's a reasonable
> price at $199.99.
>
> http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product...rodid=11257108
> &whse=BC&topnav=&browse=&lang=en-US&s=1
>
> or
>
> http://tinyurl.com/6hr69f
>
> I couldn't justify the cost of the Fissler set they have at $524.99.
>
> --
> * * * * * * *Wayne Boatwright * * * * * *
> * * *Sunday, 04(IV)/27(XXVII)/08(MMVIII)
> * * * * *Today is: Rogation Sunday * * * *
> * * * * Countdown till Memorial Day * * * *
> * * * * * * *4wks 7hrs 30mins * * * * * * *
> * *Cats must push the VCR off the top of *
> * * * * * * * * * the TV. * * * * * * * * *

Hi Wayne,
This looks like the set that I bought a while back which I've touted
as being the best pans I've ever owned. Yesterday I left in my senior
moment the smallest pot of this set on High with only a cup of
(distilled) water in it for an hour before I discovered it. No
problem, didn't even turn color on the inside; on the outside,the
copper part returned to copper color immediately with a swipe of
barkeep. If they are "made in Italy" I wouldn't hesitate. I say this
only because I love Italian made products (but not the brand names
they farm out to China)

I noticed in our Costco store here in Winchester they recently stopped
carrying the set that I have and are selling another set which I don't
care for (same price $199), as it has the straight up-and-down sides,
whereas, I recall your telling me the advantages of the lip, which I
realize is so important.

Dee Dee