Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,talk.politics.animals
Jeßus[_5_] Jeßus[_5_] is offline

Default Food miles don't feed climate change - meat does

dmaraz wrote:
> I cannot believe how many people are buying into this manmade global warming
> nonsense. The rise and fall of the Earth's temperature is part of its
> natural cycle. Al Gore's movie was full of crap and outright lies.

Why is it that it must be one or the other? I think both arguments are true.

> I hope people will come to their senses before we waste any more time and
> energy on this issue. Do a little fact checking and research on both sides
> instead of just drinking the liberal kool-aid.

'Liberal'? Another example of American arrogance. I guess the rest of
the world doesn't have an opinion that counts.

> I am, believe it or not, a strict vegan {I really miss those circus peanut
> marshmallows} and I really dislike that all vegans seem to be such liberals.
> If you are worried about animal suffering and peace on the planet, then work
> to end abortion and human suffering. I refuse to eat animals or be the
> cause of animal suffering, but aren't people more important?
>
> Reduce, reuse, recycle, don't pollute and the planet will be fine. Don't
> drive everybody crazy with "carbon" or we just might get taxed everytime we
> fart or exhale.

Bullshit. Overpopulation is the real issue, and nobody wants to touch it
with a barge pole.

> Be more conservative and eat more tofu.

More irrelevant 'divide-and conquer' mentality bullshit.