Posted to rec.food.equipment
Stu Stu is offline

Default Stainless steel

On Apr 26, 7:47*pm, "Andy Petro" > wrote:
> I have stainless steel pots purchased over 20 years ago . Although they are
> thinner gauge they do not stain , leave water marks , and hardly ever need
> special cleaners.. * * * What is the difference . Why can't I buy them
> to-day.
>
> ** Posted fromhttp://www.teranews.com**

As world resourses get shorter it is more and more likely cheaper
steel will be used. It's not just a case of how good the ore is, but
what else is being chucked back in it. Don't forget all the steel car
parts rusting away and the pressure to recycle them. It is exactly the
same for cooking appliances and we have seen inferior steel ovens by
manufacturers who used to have the best quality steel 20 years ago. I
agree with the staining and have come across this more often over the
recent years. Best thing is to shop around and take advice. Best of
luck.

Stu
www.cateringappliancesltd.co.uk
www.cateringforums.net