Posted to rec.food.equipment
S Viemeister[_2_] S Viemeister[_2_] is offline

Default Stainless steel

Zeppo wrote:
> "S Viemeister" > wrote
>> Zeppo wrote:

>>> I picked up a 5 qt. Tramontina SS Sauté pan at Costco a few months ago,
>>> and have been extremely happy with it. I wouldn't put it in a class with
>>> my All-clad sauce pan but for $30 I though it was an incredible bargain.
>>>

>> They no longer feature the stuff I have, which appears to be identical to
>> a line sold in the UK called 'Pro-Clad'. I actually prefer it to my
>> All-Clad!

> They still are selling a stock pot by the manufacturer online and still have
> some of the Sauté pans I bought in the store.
> http://tinyurl.com/4egfal

I've seen those - they look very good, especially for the price. But -
the Italian stuff I have doesn't have the disk bottom - it's like
All-Clad, in that it has a stainless lining, an aluminium middle, and a
stainless outer layer, all the way up the sides.