Rubystars

Default My neighbors don't know how to take care of dogs

"Jennifer Huebl" > wrote in message
k.net...
> In article >,
> says...
> > The worst thing is, they got a new dog. I just hope they take better

care
> > of this one!

> People like this don't change. Growing up, a friend's family had a
> constant stream of new pets in the house -- both dogs and cats. The cats
> all disappeared after a few months to a year (they got run over or god
> knows what). And the dogs were all taken to the ASPCA after the mother
> grew tired of them. Then the mom and the family would say how they
> missed having pets and would turn around and get more of them.
>
> We suspect that another family around the block from me is currently
> throwing out animals, but we can't prove it. People like this don't give
> a shit, plain and simple.

Thanks for replying.

I was tempted to call the ASPCA to come pick up the dog and take it to a
shelter when they had let it get out again and again, but that's impossible
because they don't come out the same day and it wouldn't have done any good
because of that.

I called the SPCA when I saw a stray dog in a grocery store parking lot
dodging traffic (hoping they could send out a dog catcher to get the dog and
take it to a shelter) and a guy came to my house three days later, like that
was going to do any good! He didn't even know where the store I was talking
about, because they didn't have any offices in this area, supposedly they
had to send someone out from the city.

Another time there was a stray dog I found and took back to the owner's
house, and they looked less than enthusiastic I'd brought it back, but the
dog was happy and ran back into their house, and the kids seemed happy the
dog was back. The adult didn't even thank me. I asked if that was their dog
and they said "yes." and the conversation pretty much ended there, after I
told them they should really be more careful.

I don't understand why people do this. If they don't want a dog why not just
take it to a shelter? Even being put down would be kinder than getting
tossed out on the street.

The ironic thing was that the people across the street who let little
Elizabeth die claimed that she was their "baby." It's pretty sad when you
consider they do have kids, I just hope they treat their human babies
better.

-Rubystars