rick etter

Default No need for farm animals.

"Jahnu" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 4 Jan 2004 10:43:45 -0500, "Tim" <aaa> wrote:
>
> >FYI. A moose is not a human. Moose have a tendency to be covered in hair.

> But a wolf has more hair, so that would defeat your notion that you
> need meat to develop layers of fat to keep warm in a cold climate.
>
> >Avacados and what ever else you ate don't grow in -30c. Also you probably
> >lived in a heated house. Still moose aren't human. And you call my point
> >moronic - ha.

> What are we talking about now? Do you mean to say that because they
> can't grow vegetables in minus 30 it is alright to slaughter animals
> en masse where they CAN grow vegetables and where it is not necessary
> to eat meat to survive? Either you are confused or you are being
> deliberately obtrusive.

======================
No, you are being deliberatly ignorant. The production, processing,
storage, and transportation of *your* veggies is what is being called into
question, stupid. If you claim that people shouldn't raise meat where
veggies can grow, then *you* should be eating meat instead of wasteing all
the resources and energy it takes to get veggies to where you are.

> >Like you point out veggies don't grow where Eskimos live. How then can

they
> >be herbivores?

> Who said they were?
>
> >The fat afforded by certain veggies will not help someone
> >exposed to the elements.

> Sure it will. It's just that the vegetables are not available there.

=================
No they aren't, and not only do you have the death and suffering attributed
to their production, but now you've added massive amounts of transportation
to them. All causeing far more animals to die and suffer than if you just
ate that moose that is available to you.

> As you can see in the example with the moose they have no problem
> living in extreme cold climates even though they have shorter hairs
> than the carnivores who live under the same conditions.
>
> >Again living in a nice heated house doesn't equate
> >you with an Eskimo or Siberian.

> Is that your argument for eating meat - that eskimos do it? Where is
> the sense in that?

Where is your sense in killing animals just to transport your veggies to
you? I can see that your one remaining braincell has given up hope on you
and has now fully gone delusional...