Jahnu

Default No need for farm animals.

On Sun, 4 Jan 2004 13:11:38 -0500, "rick etter"
> wrote:

>"Jahnu" > wrote in message

>snippage of more from a cut-n-paste bozo that has nothing to say of his own,
>mainly because his veagn diet has diminished his one remaining braincell to
>mush...

At least I have something to cut and paste to support my position.
What have you posted to support your position, except whine and bicker
over the irrefutable facts that I keep sending?

But keep squirming meat-head. I am going to flood you with facts until
you finally shut up and crawl back under the stone where you came
from. Here is some mo

Dear Editor

Last week's headlines have brought alarming news about
the sorry state of our public and planetary health.

The USDA has forced the recall of 25 million pounds of hamburger meat
that may be contaminated with deadly E. coli bacteria and the closure
of the offending plant.

Excessive use of antibiotics in raising farm animals and in medical
practice has forged a Staphylococcus bacterium that is immune to all
these drugs.

Effluents from farm animal waste have nurtured toxic algae
that have killed billions of fish and devastated fisheries throughout
the eastern seaboard, from Delaware to Louisiana.

Cornell University Professor David Pimentel told
a national animal science meeting that our soil, water, and energy
resources can not sustain current levels of animal agriculture.

The Worldwatch Institute has warned that world grain production is
falling behind meat consumption, leading to higher grain and meat
prices and widespread famines in developing countries.

Surely, the time has come for consumers to see the handwriting on the
wall and to adopt a plant-based diet advocated by leading health and
environmental authorities for the past 25 years.

Sincerely,

1997 Maynard S. Clark
P. O. Box 38-1068, Cambridge, MA 02238-1068
617-625-3790 (Voice) 617-357-2064 (Facsimile)
http://www.tiac.net/users/vrc/index.htm
http://www.tiac.net/users/vrc/maynard.htm
http://www.tiac.net/users/srs/cal_list.html#major

www.krishna.com