Posted to rec.food.cooking
Giusi[_2_] Giusi[_2_] is offline

Default Finishing Salts

"merryb" > ha scritto nel messaggio
On Apr 23, 6:00 pm, Anthony Ferrante >
wrote:
> Try this page:
>
> http://www.saltworks.us/salt_info/si..._reference.asp
>
> I went to a spice shop and wanted to taste Fleur de Sel
> and it was extermely expensive and the lady actually poured out one
> crystal and gave it to me. I must admit, that one tiny piece had lots
> of flavor.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fleur_de_sel
>
> Just so you get get some idea about this salt, visit this page, check
> out the prices, scroll down and read the reviews:
>
> http://www.amazon.com/Fleur-Sel-Cama.../dp/B000EQSAIY
>
> Mark

Thanks for the info, So, did it have another flavor to it, besides
salt?

Yea it does, but as they are čplanktons and algae it is difficult to name
them,. For salt it is expensive, but It isn't really expensive because you
use a bit and you don't use it instewad of ordinary salt in everything you
cook. I paid about 12 euro for about a liter.