Posted to rec.food.cooking
Mr Nukem Mr Nukem is offline

Default ((( Taco Trucks Threatened in L.A. Sign Petition Now! )))

Up here where I live in the Pacific NW there is a Taco Truck that has
been parking near my home for over 5 years now and I have to admit I
have not found a restaurant here that serves anything as good as the
food these folks running the truck cook up. It's really comfort food.

It's sad that government officials forget the roots of where certain
foods, food chains and name brands in this country came from. When
folks immigrated here in the late 1800's and early 1900's many street
vendors sold "new" foods such as pizza, sub sandwiches, hot dogs ect
from carts on the street and a lot of those people ended up founding
restaurants that turned into national food chains or food companies
that are now national name brands. For the local government down
there to try and pass this is really trying to shut down part of the
heritage and history of the country and not giving people the chances
the current generations grandparents & great grandparents had.

I would think a boycott of any businesses or restaurants that open
support this would be in order.