Posted to rec.food.baking,rec.food.cooking
Sandoz Sandoz is offline

Default How to make Bran Muffins like a bakery does...?

Could someone fill me in on what's the difference in ingredients between the
Bran Muffins you get when you follow the instructions on the side of
Kellogg's All Bran and the muffins that are pre-made at a bakery or store?

The bakery muffins seem to be moister, and their color is darker. Do they
perhaps use a different type of bran than the cereal kind and if so, is it
hard to find at general grocery stores? Some recipes I've noticed call for
the use of molasses, but it doesn't seem to call for a large amount so I
don't see how this could give them their darkened color.

I like the Kellogg's bran muffin enough, but I'd like to make some jumbo
size muffins, and I'd prefer they tasted like bakery muffins because I like
them better.

Thanks.