Posted to rec.food.cooking
Steve Pope Steve Pope is offline

Default Lasagna, with enchilada sauce instead of tomato sauce?

zxcvbob > wrote:

>Do you think it would work? I'm talking about using lasagna noodles,
>(not tortillas) and layering with ricotta and provolone and stuff,
>mainly just substituting the sauce. I want something different, and I
>have several big cans of E red sauce.

I cannot quite picture the dish working as a Mexican-style dish.

I have, however, made Chinese-style Chow Fun using enchilada
sauce as a component. (I have even done this using fettucini
instead of Chinese noodles...) In doing this, you do not want a
lot of sauce, but you want it pretty hot; other ingredients I have
put into such a dish include tofu, broccoli, seitan, onions and garlic.
Definitely no cheese.

So, I think the basic combination of noodles and enchilada sauce
has definite promise, but not necessarily in a lasagna direction.

Steve