Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default 18" or 19" Electric Range Sought

On Sat 19 Apr 2008 06:36:22a, Goomba38 told us...

> I certainly do despise it when people introduce known OT threads. Not
> when a thread drifts into off topic-land. It always amazes me how they
> seem to imagine what *they* have to say is somehow worth reading (rarely
> is) and why they imagine it is appropriate to a cooking/food group?

I despise it when totally on-topic threads drift off into off-topic
discourses that last for days, particularly when it becomes just bantering
or bitching back and forth between a couple of people. At least something
that is posted with a subject including "OT" can be avoided if the reader
isn't interested in the topic.

Like it or not, for both good and bad reasons, this is not a moderated
group and people can post whatever the hell they please, as you have so
often done with your complaints about others here, including me. I have
also been guilty of that.

You and I both know the posters here that we like to read, as well as those
that we would clearly rather avoid. I have kill filed all those that I
truly loath (it's not a long list), but when I see something they've
written about me and quoted by someone else, I've no intention of keeping
silent. E.g., if you were in a room full of people and overheard an
insulting conversation about you, would you not respond or retaliate? It's
not much different here, and it's human nature to defend oneself.

Specifically, as far as Sheldon goes, he has *never* failed to insult me,
regardless of what I've posted over the years. When I read anything that
anyone else has written negatively about him, I am compelled to chime in.

I don't know what Sheldon's problem is, but I suspect that he is
legitimately SMI. Constant unwarranted attacks against many posters here
clearly do not represent normal behavior, nor does his pathological lying.
In a word, it is unacceptable at any level. At one time he had many
"supporters" here (God only knows why), but that list seems to be dwindling
as he also attacks those supporters one by one. It's like having one
neighbor on your street that almost everyone else finds intolerable or
outright hates. Unfortunately, there's no way to force them to move out.
In that case, creative avoidance is usually the best solution, but it
sometimes can and does become confrontational.

Your comments and suggestions will never "cure" the maladies of this group
so why keep trying? Ignore or avoid what you don't like. If it's a
personal attack on you, then react in any way you feel necessary.

I generally enjoy discourses with you, Goomba, either on or off topic, but
if you don't like what I post, then don't read it. However, I would regret
losing the opportunity of having discussions with you.

I "think" I am generally well regarded on this group (I could be wrong),
but there are some things I will not tolerate and I will react to,
regardless of what anyone else has to say about it.

Peace (I hope)!

--
Wayne Boatwright
Saturday, 04(IV)/19(XIX)/08(MMVIII)