Posted to rec.food.cooking
Buddy[_4_] Buddy[_4_] is offline

Default Is there a good alternative to PAM spray?

When I say sporadic usage, I actually mean more like rare usage, so it sits
in the cupboard long periods. This makes it even more costly having to toss
it because I end up using very little of it.

Isn't there a lecithin and/or other component that makes those PAM,
Crisco-type sprays a better separator than plain oils? It would seem that
whatever the mixture is it would be available in forms other than areosols.

"Boron Elgar" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 18 Apr 2008 17:22:03 GMT, "Buddy" >
> wrote:
>
> >PAM spray is great except for its delivery system -- if I use it everyday

it
> >is fine, but if I use it sporadically it hardens and clogs up the nozzle,
> >and I end up tossing it away when it becomes gungy looking, wasting it.

Who
> >wants to soak and clean the sray head every time you use a tiny squirt.
> >
> >I have tried using oils and greases as a substitute in baking, etc. but
> >nothing beats PAM for this. Does anybody know of a substitute that works

as