Posted to rec.food.cooking
Boron Elgar[_1_] Boron Elgar[_1_] is offline

Default Is there a good alternative to PAM spray?

On Fri, 18 Apr 2008 17:22:03 GMT, "Buddy" >
wrote:

>PAM spray is great except for its delivery system -- if I use it everyday it
>is fine, but if I use it sporadically it hardens and clogs up the nozzle,
>and I end up tossing it away when it becomes gungy looking, wasting it. Who
>wants to soak and clean the sray head every time you use a tiny squirt.
>
>I have tried using oils and greases as a substitute in baking, etc. but
>nothing beats PAM for this. Does anybody know of a substitute that works as
>well that you can just brush or wipe on?

I buy the BJs house brand of spray and the nozzle has never clogged. I
get two large cans for a bit more than the price of one smaller PAM.

And it lasts forever without going rancid.

Boron