Jonathan Ball

Default Sleazy PETA, gratuitously provocative and tasteless as ever

Elle Mathews wrote:
> Beach Runner > wrote in message om>...
>
>>Well, I think Peta does more to hurt the vegetarian/vegan movement
>>with acts like that. It's sad, but it makes vegetarians look like a
>>bunch of insensitive, insane, immature people. We should be projecting
>>the exact opposite message.

> Please, that's nonsense to suggest that PETA does more harm than good.

No, it isn't nonsense. It might be incorrect - I don't
know how anyone would tell for sure - but it isn't
nonsense.

They could do more harm than good, to their cause, if
their gratuitously offensive and antagonistic publicity
stunts turned off some people who are on the fence, so
to speak.

Personally, I LIKE that they might be doing more harm
than good. I consider them to be irrational extremists
whose point of view, but not the people themselves, is
slightly dangerous. Fortunately, because they are far
more the object of derision and contempt than anything
else, no one takes them really seriously.

> Can you offer anything better. Personally, they're in my will.

You are a fool.

> I'm a supportive member.

And a fool.