Michael Saunby

Default Sleazy PETA, gratuitously provocative and tasteless as ever

"Rubystars" > wrote in message

> "Beach Runner" > wrote in message
> <snip>
> > Just remember, the most important part of the picture is we want to

make
> > animals lives
> > better and protect natural habitat. That won't offend anyone. Say it
> > nicely.

> These are worthy goals. PETA intends to do much more than that though,

they
> intend to end all animal use, not just abuse.

Of course, and their advertising is clearly aimed at their existing and
future membership, not the general public. PETA and organisations like it
exist to meet a need that bored white urban middle class youngsters have to
belong to an oppressed group, because it seems trendy to be an anarchist.
They see others minorities apparently enjoying their anger with the
establishment and want to do something similar.

Michael Saunby