Bob Yates

Default Sleazy PETA, gratuitously provocative and tasteless as ever

frlpwr wrote:

> Bob Yates wrote:
> > The phase "offer succor" is used to mean offering support and comfort > to the living. Therefore it is impossible to "offer succor" to a dead
> > chicken,

> How do you know the chicken is dead? Maybe it's in a coma. Or, since
> we're delving into the world of the miraculous, maybe the dead chicken
> is about to become reanimated.

Oh, I am sorry, I thought that you had been reading the thread, the
message that you replied to said "lifeless" which would tend to imply
dead to a native speaker of English.

> > it would be possible to use the chicken to "offer succor" to
> > the living, maybe in a nice chicken soup.

> Are you the same guy who nominated People Eating Tasty Animals as the
> Joke of the Year? I'm beginning to think there is a close connection
> between meat-eating and unoriginality.

No relationship to any joke nomination. I had no intention of being
original, just applying a rational interpretation to the poster from
PETA. Maybe we should continue in your native language, I have friends
and relatives that speak a variety of non-Engligh languages.