Default New Group Anti-PETA USA

On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 21:19:26 -0600, "Shashay Doofray" > wrote:

>"Offbreed" > wrote in message
. com...
>> "Shashay Doofray" > wrote in message

>> > contradiction of one of those pesky commandments of yours...lessee...Oh

>yea,
>> > "Thou shalt not kill". Seems to me that Gawd must have found them skins
>> > just lyin' around someplace or perhaps just pulled the old hocus pocus

>and
>> > whipped them up higgly-piggly.
>> >
>> > Oh, yeah, I forgot, the pesky commandment only counts for people, right?

>> Actually, it is a prohibition against "murder", and "murder" was then
>> defined as the intentional killing of a jew, except under certain,
>> very specific, conditions.

>They why have we been told (for the last thousand years or so) that the
>commandment was "Thou shalt not kill".

Why do you think? Do you think the why might also vary depending on
who is doing the telling?

>Again this is a convenient interpretation to support the personal beliefs of
>the person doing the interpreting.

And there's that too. People decide what they want to believe regarding
different issues, and then spend the rest of their time trying to reinforce what
they chose to believe.

>The way to a clean concience is
>rationalization, I suppose.
>
>Of course, not being a Xtian, I don't need comandments to tell me that
>killing is wrong.
>
>SD

· Vegans contribute to the deaths of animals by their use
of wood and paper products, and roads and all types of
buildings, and by their own diet just as everyone else does.
What vegans try to avoid are products which provide life
to avoid the following in order to be successful:
Tires, Surgical sutures, Matches, Soaps, Photographic film,
Cosmetics, Shaving cream, Paints, Candles, Crayon/Chalk,
Toothpaste, Deodorants, Mouthwash, Paper, Upholstery, Paints,
Floor waxes, Glass, Water Filters, Rubber, Fertilizer,
Antifreeze

http://www.aif.org/lvstock.htm
Ceramics, Insecticides, Insulation, Linoleum, Plastic,
Textiles, Blood factors, Collagen, Heparin, Insulin,
Pancreatin, Thrombin, Vasopressin, Vitamin B-12, Asphalt,
auto and jet lubricants, outboard engine oil, high-performance
greases, brake fluid

http://www.teachfree.com/student/wow_that_cow.htm
contact-lens care products, glues for paper and cardboard
cartons, bookbinding glue, clarification of wines, Hemostats,
sunscreens and sunblocks, dental floss, hairspray, inks, PVC

http://www.discover.com/aug_01/featcow.html
Explosives, Solvents, Industrial Oils, Industrial Lubricants,
Stearic Acid, Biodegradable Detergents, Herbicides, Syringes,
Gelatin Capsules, Bandage Strips, Combs and Toothbrushes,
Emery Boards and Cloth, Adhesive Tape, Laminated Wood Products,
Plywood and Paneling, Wallpaper and Wallpaper Paste, Cellophane
Wrap and Tape, Adhesive Tape, Abrasives, Bone Charcoal for High
Grade Steel, Steel Ball Bearings

http://www.sheepusa.org/environment/products.shtml
slaughters, and the animals live and die in it as they do
in any other habitat. They also depend on it for their
lives like the animals in any other habitat. If people
consume animal products from animals they think are
raised in decent ways, they will be promoting life for
more such animals in the future.
From the life and death of a thousand pound grass raised
get over 500 pounds of human consumable meat. From a grass
raised dairy cow people get thousands of servings of dairy
products. Due to the influence of farm machinery, and *icides,
and in the case of rice the flooding and draining of fields,
one serving of soy or rice based product is likely to involve
more animal deaths than hundreds of servings derived from grass
raised cattle. Grass raised cattle products contribute to less
wildlife deaths, better wildlife habitat, and decent lives for
cattle. ·