Posted to rec.food.cooking
The Ranger[_3_] The Ranger[_3_] is offline

Default Annual weather rant

On Apr 10, 12:52 pm, Puester > wrote:
> It's April 10. Spring flowers are in bloom. The lupine,
> iris and day lilies are about 6 inches tall.
>
> The flowering and fruit trees are in bloom (You can see
> where this is going, can't you?) including our two mature
> apricot trees. Leaves are emerging from buds on shade trees.
>
> We had many days in the low 70's in March.
>
> Today it is 30 degrees and SNOWING, with 6-8 inches forecast.
>
> Here we go, another year w/o home-grown apricots.
>
> I can't decide if it's fools not learning from former errors
> or hope springing eternal, but over the weekend we planted
> two cherry trees and another apricot (we hope it's a
> later-blooming one.)

Alas, dear lady, I cry for you and the loss of futures on those early-
blooming trees.

Know, though, that the 70°F temperatures (forecast well into the 80s
for the weekend, and beautifully boring sunny skies) make me realize
every day in every way why I live where I do.

The Ranger