Posted to rec.food.cooking
Flying Higher Flying Higher is offline

Default Can Kraft Easy Cheese Be Packed In Checked Baggage?

My nephew is going on an exchange program in Taiwan and they want him
to bring
some uniquely American food. See's candy is one item, but my nephew
wants to take some of those spray cans of cheese. I can't figure out
if
it's acceptable under TSA rules for checked luggage. It's non-
flammable,
but the TSA has aerosol's listed under "flammable items." Do they
mean
that flammable aerosols are prohibited, or did they just put it under
"flammable items" without thinking of pressurized food.

Technically EasyCheese is not an aerosol can, there is a piston
inside
the can, and it's pressurized with nitrogen from the bottom (an
aerosol
product has the propellant mixed with the contents), but I don't
think
explaining that would be too productive. Any help would be
appreciated!

More info:

"http://www.nabiscoworld.com/easy-cheese/"