Posted to rec.food.cooking
Cindi - HappyMamatoThree Cindi - HappyMamatoThree is offline

Default CSA, Community Supported Agriculture/Victory Garden

"Woolstitcher" > wrote in message
> It seems as though I remember others on this list who do CSA?
> After being on a waiting list for 2-3 years ... They finally have space
> and our family has finally signed up. I can't wait!
> If you have belonged to a CSA, has your CSA experience been positive?
> I'm looking forward to all of the fresh fruits and veggies. I'm sure that
> I'll be asking cooking/storage questions later as I'm not familiar with
> all of the veggies that are available.
> Joining the CSA has inspired me to plant an urban Victory garden ...
> peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers, herbs. We don't have a lot of space/money
> so we are going to have to do the best we can with the amount of money
> that we have to spend (isn't that what a victory garden is in the first
> place?) . We may be able to put in one raised bed ... everything else will
> be potted.
> Anyway ... if you had limited space and a limited budget what 3 things
> would you plant in a victory garden?

Our choices before have been tomatoes, hot peppers and onions. With a larger
garden space now we have more variety this year. I also found a nice
container to put together an herb garden. I hate paying so very much for
fresh herbs at the grocery or even at the farmer's market so I am looking
very forward to having those right at hand.

Cindi