Posted to rec.food.cooking
Julia Altshuler Julia Altshuler is offline

Default CSA, Community Supported Agriculture/Victory Garden

Woolstitcher wrote:

> Anyway ... if you had limited space and a limited budget what 3 things would
> you plant in a victory garden?

It may be useful, when asking this question, to ask where people are
roughly. It makes a differece as to what grows well. I'm in New England.

If it were only me, I'd plant green beans, arugula, and celery root.
That's after having inconsistent luck with zucchini, peppers, potatoes,
squashes, strawberries and others. Since Jim as a say in this too, he'd
say tomatoes, basil, and peas. We always plant tomatoes and mesclun
lettuce. For everything else, we compromise and switch from year to year.

--Lia