Posted to rec.food.cooking
PeterL[_6_] PeterL[_6_] is offline

Default Reheating frozen pizza?

"Kent" > wrote in
:

> When I try to heat up frozen pizza that was made in the home or from
> the pizza parlor it just doesn't work. It's sometimes too dry,
> sometimes overdone, or the crust falls apart depending on the method
> used. How do you all reheat pizza that you've frozen?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Kent

Anytime you freeze something that's been made and then go to defrost and
re-heat, it's never going to be the same.

If it's good pizza, defrost as usual, and place on a tray in the oven
just so's it'll heat through. No high temps, otherwise you'll end up
with a piece of wood.

Or, nuke it....... I stick it in a plastic bag if I'm doing this. The
crust will be a bit 'limp', but the toppings don't dry out.

Mind you, I rarely freeze leftover pizza.

It's usually eaten cold the next day for Breakfast, with a can of Pepsi
Max :-)

The Breakfast of Champions ;-)

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do
nothing.

Edmund Burke.