Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Joseph Joseph is offline

Default Char Griller Duo Mods

"bbq" > wrote in message
. ..
> Joseph wrote:
>> Let me say as a long time lurker, I have really been
>> able to put the ideas from this group to good use over
>> the years. Thanks to the active posters on the group my
>> BBQ and Grilling has improved immensely. We lurkers are
>> usually to busy or too shy to jump in the fray very
>> often. As you may have noticed the newbie's rarely keep
>> posting to the group after a time or two. I think I am
>> one of a butt load of lurkers out there and just wanted
>> to say thanks.
>>
>> I have a question about mods to my Char-Griller Duo.
>> I have often heard references to mods as "I get good
>> results after a few mods to my rig." So what I would
>> like to know is, are there any Mods that I should do to
>> my rig to improve its performance?
>>
>> This is the new rig...
>>
>> http://www.geocities.com/jrpitzner/BBQ
>>
>> Thanks, Joseph
>>

> I don't have any suggestions for mods on your new
> Char-Griller. Very nice unit. Just try it out and see
> where you think it is deficient.
>
> I was a lurker to. Long time ago. I think I found out
> about AFB shortly after it was founded. I think I have
> heard that it was founded around 96.
>
> Your first smoker was also my first smoker. I still have
> it. It is resting peacefully in the corner of my patio.
> I upgraded to a WSM and am very happy with it.

The old smoker did pretty good once I started using
lump. Prior to that the temps were hard to keep stable.
Couldn't fire it up and go to bed that's for sure... But it
did get me up for an early morning cup of Joe and I would
definitely hit the beers well before noon...

> There is a binary group, (alt.binaries.food) that is a
> spin off of this group. Many of the veterans here are
> also subscribers to that group.
> Take some pics, post them on ABF and join in on the fun
> and learning.
> Be warned though, some of the pics posted are not intended
> for those on a diet!!! I have heard stories of monitors
> needing replacement cause someone stuck a fork through it
> the food looked so good ;-)
>
> BBQ

Thanks, I was over at ABF a while back but haven't had
the time to keep up with it. I'll jump back in.

Joseph