MEow

Default I have a small iron defficiency- which food should I eat?

While frolicking around in alt.food.vegan, Rubystars of SBC
http://yahoo.sbc.com said:

>What might be healthy for one person might not for another.
>
>For example, when my grandmother was sick and she was losing weight even
>though she was drinking ensure and eating toast, the nurses told us to give
>her ice cream mixed in with the ensure to add in extra calories. That did
>the trick and she went back to her normal weight.
>
>Now we know that ice cream generally isn't considered health food, but in
>that case it was healthy and it helped her to recover.
>
>In general people should avoid consuming too much red meat and probably not
>eat too much meat anyway. However, for someone with an iron deficiency and
>who knows what else, a big juicy steak might be what helps them, even if
>it's generally considered to be an unhealthy choice.
>
>Someone who is allergic to peanut butter and who avoids it for health
>reasons, may recommend peanut butter to someone else if they need a little
>extra protein, for example.

I see your point.

>> There's many people who go by meat in moderation, and if it works for
>> them, fine by me. People should eat what they think is right for them.

>Yeah. I'd like to eat less meat than I do right now. That's why I'm looking
>into a lot more vegetarian type recipes.

Good move. I'm trying to cut down on sugar, myself, as it's the main
Bad Thing in my diet.

I don't know if eating lots of clementines goes against that, but I do
enjoy clementines, and the supermarkets have begun selling them now. I
don't know how it is where you are, but it's a christmassy thing here;
outside November/December you hardly ever see them.
--
Nikitta a.a. #1759 Apatriot(No, not apricot)#18
ICQ# 251532856