Rubystars

Default I have a small iron defficiency- which food should I eat?

"MEow" > wrote in message
news
> While frolicking around in alt.food.vegan, Rubystars of SBC
> http://yahoo.sbc.com said:
>
> >Well I don't think they're poison but I do think that if someone eats too
> >many foods loaded with cholesterol it can't be good for them.
> >

> Well, you don't first say that you avoid animal products for
> health-reasons, and then tell other people to include same in their
> diet, for health reasons, so there's no contradiction there.

What might be healthy for one person might not for another.

For example, when my grandmother was sick and she was losing weight even
though she was drinking ensure and eating toast, the nurses told us to give
her ice cream mixed in with the ensure to add in extra calories. That did
the trick and she went back to her normal weight.

Now we know that ice cream generally isn't considered health food, but in
that case it was healthy and it helped her to recover.

In general people should avoid consuming too much red meat and probably not
eat too much meat anyway. However, for someone with an iron deficiency and
who knows what else, a big juicy steak might be what helps them, even if
it's generally considered to be an unhealthy choice.

Someone who is allergic to peanut butter and who avoids it for health
reasons, may recommend peanut butter to someone else if they need a little
extra protein, for example.

> There's many people who go by meat in moderation, and if it works for
> them, fine by me. People should eat what they think is right for them.

Yeah. I'd like to eat less meat than I do right now. That's why I'm looking
into a lot more vegetarian type recipes.

-Rubystars