Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking
Hoges in WA Hoges in WA is offline

Default Taco Nazi article for Booger

"Wayne Lundberg" > wrote in message

> "Sonoran Dude" > wrote in message
> . ..
>> No tacos at a Mexican restaurant?
>> Randy Cordova
>> The Arizona Republic
>> Mar. 28, 2008
>> Mexican dining guide.
>>

>>snipped

> Burros, burritos are a true North American dish. They are not typical
> Mexican fare. But they are a delight! I love a good burrito, flour
> tortilla, refried beans, topped with green salsa. We're fortunate here in
> San Diego to have Tinas burritos, Beans and cheese, beef, etc... and to
> top them off great Victoria Salsa Verde, thickn chunky in all heats...
> About 35 cents each burrito and about 30 cents worth of salsa and a
> spoonful of sour cream... fabulous mid-day break!
>
> Burritos are not tacos nor enchiladas. They are flour tortilla based bean
> goodies invented by the Mexican braseros in the US during WWII who could
> not get corn tortillas nor their standard Mexican foods. Flour and beans
> are plentiful in the US, so they adapted.
>
> Wayne

Hi Wayne
Can you tell me where this Tinas Burritos is?

I didn't come across it in SD when I visited recently.

I did find "makings'' in a supermarket that we frequented - something called
Buy & Save or Buy Lo or something. It was near a Mall that had a large
sports shop in it. But we didn't find a Tinas.

But I'd be interested in the one you mentioned for my next visit.
Hoges in WA