Posted to alt.food.barbecue
greg h greg h is offline

Default Cleaning Traeger Grills

I'm wondering about the relatively low temps inside the grill. On
several occasions after I haven't used it for a while, I've opened the
lid to find mold and bacteria growing all over the inside of the
grill. I've never found that on my gas grill, but if I did, I'd just
turn it on high for about 15 minutes and burn all that stuff off
because I can get the temperature about 500 deg or so. On the Traeger,
even at 400 degrees, the "burning" doesn't happen because there's no
direct flame. How to Traeger users "clean" the inside before you put
the meat in? Does anybody feel like this is a health problem? I've
never gotten sick but I have spent alot of time scraping and clorox-
ing the inside before I get started grilling, just to make sure.