Posted to rec.food.cooking
bbq bbq is offline

Default Sloppy Joe's/Chili dog sauce

Doug Freyburger wrote:

> Sqwertz > wrote:
>
>>bbq > wrote:
>>

>>>What's the difference between a Sloppy Joe mixture and a Chili dog sauce?

>>Sloppy Joes are sweeter than a chili dog sauce. Otherwise, they're
>>basically the same.

> For me that's one of 3 differences. The other two are cumin
> is in chili not sloppy joe and sloppy joe always gets ground
> beef but chili diced meat unless I'm in a big hurry and usually
> two types of meat.

Cumin goes in my sloppy joe's and Chili Dog Sauce. Both of them use
ground beef. Chili is different than chili dog sauce, IMO. Chili, as
you say, needs cut up beef, not ground. Though ground beef can be used.

All commercial chili I have had, used ground beef. None have been
better then mine though!!! Chili is a bit spicier than chili dog sauce.
My chili will have chopped Jalapeno's and serrano's. To kick it up a
notch, I will mince up a habanero or 2. To kick it up 2 notches, I will
add my chipotle pepper blend.

(Here we go), my chili will have beans, preferably dark red kidney
beans. Chili dog sauce will not have beans, unless they are mashed to a
mashed potato like texture.

BBQ