Posted to rec.food.cooking
bbq bbq is offline

Default Sloppy Joe's/Chili dog sauce

Janet Bostwick wrote:

> bbq wrote:
>
>>Looking over some Sloppy Joe's recipes, I notice they look the same
>>as a chili dog sauce. Some Sloppy Joe's recipes have Ketchup as the
>>tomato taste ingredient. I don't recall a chili dog sauce using
>>Ketchup. Other than that, I see no difference.
>>
>>What's the difference between a Sloppy Joe mixture and a Chili dog
>>sauce?
>>BBQ

> To my way of thinking a chili dog sauce and a sloppy joe sauce vary from
> household to household and area to area. I never knew a mother in my group
> when growing up that made either the same as someone else's mother. Make it
> the way you like and don't worry about it.
> Janet

Certainly agree that it varies from area to area and cook to cook. I am
willing to bet that even those who "follow a recipe" tweak it a bit for
their preference or availabilty of ingredients.

It's one of them things you can do anything you damn well please.

Umm, I got a sloppy joe sauce in the frig. Can't have sloppy joe's,
cause I don't have buns. Guess I will have to have chili dogs since I
have hot dogs and buns on hand!!!

BBq