Rubystars

Default Eat dirt and live longer

"Haximus" > wrote in message
news:i4gvb.444674$6C4.61121@pd7tw1no...
> "Rubystars" > wrote in message
> >
> > "machine99" > wrote in message
> > . ..

> > provide

> > > Raw earth can contain worm eggs and other parasites....I wonder how it
> > > affects their health...

> > I've always wondered how they can find it healthy to eat dirt without

> doing
> > something to kill the parasites inside.

> Ever heard on inner city syndrome? Children raised in sterile

environments
> never have their immune systems challenged, they get sick easiliy and

suffer
> allergies to almost everything. Good proof that ingesting small amounts

of
> pathogens strengthens our immune systems and makes us healthier.

When I was a kid I used to love to play in mud and clay fairly often. I had
no problems for a long time, till in 5th grade I got hook worms as a result.
I don't ever want to go through that again. It was a living hell. My whole
family had to take medicine as a precaution. I've avoided getting muddy
since then and avoided walking barefoot in dirt.

I've heard of "Worm therapy" and that's fine for people whose immune systems
are weak and need a little boost, but as for myself, no thanks. *L*

-Rubystars