usual suspect

Default Anyone brave enough to try Uncle Bill's Saurkraut Soup?

MrFalafel wrote:
> This looks totally weird but is also intriguing. It's from and old
> Polish immigrant who lived with the New Farm folks and added this
> traditional recipe when they wrote their cookbook. Anyone want to try
> making it?

It isn't really so strange. Bavarians also eat a sweeter sauerkraut
(with apples and spics like caraway, cinnamon, etc.) than other Germans
seem to prefer. The Russians season theirs with cinnamon, allspice,
and/or cloves. BTW (and I know you still have me killfiled so maybe
someone can repost with my question), what's the deal with the raisins?
Why not just 3¾ cups?