Posted to rec.food.equipment,rec.food.cooking,rec.food.drink.tea
John Kane John Kane is offline

Default are enamel-on-steel kettles safe?

Rina wrote:
> Tea kettles seem to get water added and boiled several times before
> thoroughly cleaning again. (In my kitchen at least, or am I just a slob
> ,<laughing>) I do begin each morning with a freshly cleaned tea kettle.

You WASH the tea kettle? I remove the lime buildup once in a while but
WASH???

> That's one thing that annoys me about many tea kettles, the top opening is
> too small to get your hand in and scrub the kettle...

Hence proving I was right not to try washing the blasted thing. Clearly
too dangerous since if you get your hand in you may need a cutting
torch to get it out.

--
John Kane, Kingston ON Canada