Old 15-11-2003, 10:01 AM
MrFalafel

Default Black Bean Soup questions

"Max2" wrote in message m...
I've been vegan for almost three weeks now and plan to stay with it. Panera
Bread Company makes a great low-fat vegetarian black bean soup, which I'd
love to try and duplicate. if anyone has a good-tasting recipe of their own
that I can use, I would appreciate it. or if anyone wants to take a stab at
coming up with the proportions I need to use to duplicate panera's I would
also appreciate that. I cook cuz I have to, but it doesn't come naturally
to me.

Panera's soup: Plump black turtle beans simmered in a spicy vegetarian
broth with onion, red bell pepper, cilantro, garlic and cumin.

thanks,
Max

I'm unfamiliar with that brand of soup but here are a few classic
black bean soup recipes that you may want to try:

http://vegweb.com/food/soup/5219.shtml
http://vegweb.com/food/soup/3134.shtml
http://www.vegan-food.net/index.cgi?972
http://vegweb.com/food/soup/420.shtml