Posted to uk.business.agriculture,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,talk.politics.animals,uk.environment.conservation
Jim Webster[_2_] Jim Webster[_2_] is offline

"Robert Seago" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> Jim Webster > wrote:
>

>> > You can be sure that if the trees are ever worth harvesting again
>> > they will be allowed to.

>> Since when has the state worried about damaging the economic viability
>> of a family enterprise? They are as likely to be nationalised if they
>> become that valuable. ;-(

> You might as well say they will nationalise wheat growing now.
> Nationalisation has pretty well always been when a firm has pretty well
> failed.

not with agriculture, they called it war-ag and insisted on wheat being
planted where wheat had never been planted before

>> > As I have stated, rules have never hindered our trust to my knowledge,
>> > either felling or planting where we have wanted to.

>> are you commercial? that is the issue. If I plant trees I use our
>> families money and have to get that money back over the years.

> Is this something that has ever happened or do you just think it is likely
> to happen some time?

would you rely on a crop that had to grow through 12 general elections? :-(

There are trees that are coming up to harvest that have passed through three
or four different tax regimes, to either encourage or discourage their
production

Jim Webster