Posted to uk.business.agriculture,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,talk.politics.animals,uk.environment.conservation
Jim Webster[_2_] Jim Webster[_2_] is offline

"Robert Seago" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> Jim Webster > wrote:
>

>> > Has the legislation disuaded you from planting any trees that you
>> > otherwise would have planted?

>> ------ Certainly it has been one of the factors that has put me off
>> putting a few trees in, the sure knowledge that my children would get
>> all the cost and disadvantages of having them, but not be able to
>> harvest the crop

>> Jim Webster

> You can be sure that if the trees are ever worth harvesting again theyu
> will be allowed to.

Since when has the state worried about damaging the economic viability of a
family enterprise?
They are as likely to be nationalised if they become that valuable. ;-(

> As I have stated, rules have never hindered our trust to my knowledge,
> either felling or plating where we have wanted to.

are you commercial? that is the issue. If I plant trees I use our families
money and have to get that money back over the years.

Jim Webster